Monday, July 16, 2007

Wendy


It was a perfect Sunday. The sun was shining and we were headed off to IHOP for a breakfast that would make anybody happy. My parents only had to run one quick errand.

Tragedy strikes when you least expect it

My aunt calls and through muffled tears tells me "Wendy was shot!" I was told to have my mom call her as soon as she got home. A quick call to my parents who were at another aunts house and the next thing I knew my parents were walking through the door. My cousin and her baby arrived shortly after. It was decided that we would carpool. My aunts house is 2 hours away in Connell.

Wendy was a beautiful, loving person who had a full ife ahead of her. She was shot in the head by her boyfriend Jason. She was killed instantly.
After a day of many tears and much laughter my mom and I headed for home as my mom had to return to work the next day. We would be back though, how could we stay away!

This Sunday my family and I returned to Connell for more hugs, and prayer! Her funeral was Monday. The service was held in a beautiful Catholic church and it was amazing how many people came. More than a hundred easily.

My aunt, uncle, and cousins appreciated everything and I have hope that they will be alright. It will take time, but they will be alright.

Wendy leaves behind four younger brothers, her parents, and a whole bunch of extended family who loves her to death.

I love you Wendy Mae. Rest In Peace!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Becca said...

This is such a tragedy, to lose one so young and beautiful in such a senseless way.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ashley said...

Thank you both, it means a lot!

Christy Woolum said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.