Thursday, November 5, 2009

Beautiful

I was on my way inside the Commons on this blustery, windy morning. It had so far been one of those mornings where I was feeling a bit on the shabby side. My goal was to make it through the one class I'd had left and then go home and curl up in bed with a good book. I sure as hell wasn't feeling pretty and being outside, much less in a public place wasn't helping my mood.

I've almost reached the door when without a word and just a smile, a young man comes up to me and puts a card in my hand. I turn it over and it reads

You are beautiful.

Overcome with happiness I look at him as he smiles and nods again and walks away.

Now, I'm sure that I wasn't the only person to get one of these cards today, but it makes today so worth it. And to everybody else, just remember

You are beautiful.

No comments: